Cyanogen OS 12.1 Is rolling out for OnePlus One device owners today.
What’s new in 12.1:
- Smarter Screen: LiveDisplay intelligently adjusts your screen based on environmental conditions.
- Calendar Together with Email: Enjoy the latest Boxer powered experience where you can seamlessly share your availability and schedule appointments.
- Cyanogen Browser: The new Cyanogen browser delivers search results and loads web sites faster and more securely than leading browsers.
- Redesigned Launcher: App Drawer and Folders have been redesigned for one-handed use.
- Fresh AudioFX: The user interface has been updated for consistency across all devices.
- More Playback support: We’ve substantially increased our support of codecs for video and audio playback.
Details of Cyanogen OS 12.1
With LiveDisplay, your phone intelligently adjusts the light spectrum coming through your screen based on the time of day. In bright sunlight, the contrast and saturation is increased for readability, and at night the screen reduces the stimulating effect of blue light so as to not disrupt your sleep and/or affect your circadian rhythm. It also doesn’t hurt that the hardware acceleration in LiveDisplay enhances your performance and battery life.
Calendar Integration with Email
Powered by Boxer, our new and improved calendar integration creates a seamless experience between your email accounts and calendars. By letting you sync from multiple sources, including Gmail and Exchange, all your meetings and events appear in one calendar, so you’ll never miss a meeting or party. What’s even cooler is now you can schedule appointments right from an email. That means no more time wasted toggling between your calendar and email. Just share your availability with one tap using the “send availability” option.
New Cyanogen Browser
With faster page loads, improved security, and overall better memory management and performance, the Cyanogen browser provides a more lightweight and secure experience than leading browsers. Want more details? How about these:
- Performance: 1.21x better than Chrome in top priority benchmarks
- Speed: 1.69x faster than Chrome in page load benchmarks
- Power Efficient: 1.2x better in power efficiency
- Less Memory Used: Lower runtime memory usage—on average 50-100MB less memory (optimized to not consume as much memory)
- Location Privacy: When websites ask for access to location, the user can choose to allow for 24 hours (as opposed to allowing permanent access), giving the user finer control over their location privacy
- Security: Saved passwords for websites are encrypted, increasing password security if your phone is ever lost or stolen
Launcher Redesign Improvements
Have a drink in one hand and your phone in the other? No problem. Our redesigned UI for the folders and app drawer streamlines the user experience by focusing on one-handed-use. The new design also reduces visual clutter, enabling you to find what you’re looking for faster.
AudioFX UI Updated
With a clean design and straightforward UI that’s now consistent across all of our devices—plus the 24-bit High-Res Lossless Audio and 13 preset configurations our users know and love—AudioFX continues to help audiophiles get the best possible sound from their audio.
Increased Playback Support for Audio and Video Formats
You should be able to play your media on your phone whenever you want. That’s why Cyanogen OS 12.1 now supports even more formats. In a recent benchmark test, 12.1 supported 2x more audio and video formats than the Nexus 6.
This Article was brought to you by Cyanogen from their Blog, here.