Most of you surely know that ESET is a pioneer of the antivirus industry for 25 years and maybe you are using their antivirus on your PC, But do you take care of your Android mobile security? To help you with this ESET developed their Android mobile security app – making your smartphone truly smart about protecting your most private information.
We tried the new app for some time and we were very impressed. Unlike other mobile security apps, ESET is really intuitive and easy to use with a very friendly user interface. But more important: ESET managed to find two malware apps on our devices which no other security app could find! (a ringtones app and a wallpapers app were found. This is a good time to remind you to check the permissions of those kind of apps before you install them. A wallpapers app, for example, shouldn’t have permissions to your messages or call log!)
These are most of the features ESET Mobile Security has to offer:
ESET mobile security anti-theft system:
- Remote Lock – Allows blocking the phone remotely by SMS to prevent unauthorized access to data.
- Remote Wipe – As the last instance of protecting your privacy, allows deleting all phone-stored data remotely using an SMS command, wiping clean all contacts, messages and memory cards.
- GPS Localization – Locates lost or stolen phone by a remote SMS command.
More helpful features:
- Antimalware Protection – Scans all downloaded and accessed applications and files for malware.
- SMS/MMS Antispam – Allows you to define trustworthy contacts via customizable black- or white list or simply block messages from unknown numbers.
- Call Blocking – Blocks unwanted calls in both directions – incoming and outgoing. This is a powerful tool especially suitable for parents to control their children’s phone bills as they can only call allowed numbers.
- Security Audit with Built-in Task Manager – Keeps you informed about all vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, running processes, Bluetooth and device visibility.
* Some features are not available for tablets which do not support calling and messaging.
ESET Mobile Security is available as a 30-day trial and you can download it from the Play store here.
The full one-year license costs 9.99 USD. When you change your device, you don’t have to buy new license, the activation is tied to an e-mail account. In the price of the license is also included updates to new versions.
Already tried it? Tell us what do you think and what is your favorite Android security app in the comments.