By Robert K. Yin
Providing an entire portal to the realm of case research study, the Fourth variation of Robert okay. Yin’s bestselling textual content Case examine study offers finished assurance of the layout and use of the case learn strategy as a legitimate learn software. This completely revised textual content now covers greater than 50 case stories (approximately 25% new), supplies clean recognition to quantitative analyses, discusses extra absolutely using combined equipment study designs, and contains new methodological insights. The book’s assurance of case learn learn and the way it really is utilized in perform supplies readers entry to exemplary case experiences drawn from a wide selection of educational and utilized fields.
Key good points of the Fourth Edition
- Highlights each one particular study characteristic via forty four boxed vignettes that function formerly released case reports
- Provides methodological insights to teach the similarities among case stories and different social technology methods
- Suggests a three-stage method of aid readers outline the preliminary questions they'll reflect on of their personal case examine research
- Covers new fabric on human matters safety, the position of Institutional assessment forums, and the interaction among acquiring IRB approval and the ultimate improvement of the case research protocol and behavior of a pilot case
- Includes an total photograph of the complete case research learn approach at first of the publication, then highlights the stairs within the approach via pics that seem on the outset of the entire chapters that persist with
- Offers in-text studying aids together with “tips” that pose key questions and solutions before everything of every bankruptcy, sensible workouts, endnotes, and a brand new cross-referencing desk
Case examine learn, Fourth Edition is perfect for classes in departments of schooling, company and administration, Nursing and Public well-being, Public management, Anthropology, Sociology, and Political Science.
Read or Download Case Study Research: Design and Methods PDF
Best social work books
"Good perform within the legislations and Safeguarding Adults" presents an updated precis of advancements within the legislative framework and most sensible perform proper to the world of grownup security paintings. It explains laws that may be utilized in grownup security paintings, overlaying felony and civil legislations, and an important nationwide assistance corresponding to attaining top facts.
Freizeit im 21. Jahrhundert hat eine andere Qualität als in den Nachkriegszeiten der fünfziger und sechziger Jahre oder den Wohlstandszeiten der siebziger bis neunziger Jahre: Hohe Arbeitslosigkeit auf der einen, steigende Lebenserwartung auf der anderen Seite lassen erwerbsfreie Lebensphasen in einem ganz anderen Licht erscheinen.
Designed to reflect how social paintings concept and perform is taught, Paradigms of scientific Social paintings, quantity three provides new healing types via an imaginary kinfolk experiencing universal social paintings difficulties.
- Culturally diverse parent-child and family relationships: a guide for social workers and other practitioners
- Participatory Research: Working with Vulnerable Groups in Research and Practice
- The School Services Sourcebook: A Guide for School-Based Professionals
- Social Justice and the Urban Obesity Crisis: Implications for Social Work
- Understanding Care, Welfare and Community: A Reader
- Dilemmas in Human Services Management: Illustrative Case Studies (Springer Series on Social Work)
Additional info for Case Study Research: Design and Methods
4-7). Examples of descriptive case studies are similarly found there (Yin, 2003, chaps. 2 and 3). BOX 1 A Best-Selling, Explanatory, Single-Case Study For over 30 years, Graham Allison’s (1971) original study of a single case, the 1962 Cuban missile crisis, has been a political science best seller. -Soviet Union confrontation could have produced nuclear holocaust and doomed the entire world. S. and Soviets performed as (a) rationale actors, (b) complex bureaucracies, or (c) politically motivated groups of persons.
Nonetheless, as with the earlier versions, I alone bear the responsibility for this fourth edition. At the same time, I conclude this preface by repeating a portion from the preface to the third edition. In it, I suggested that anyone’s ideas about case studies—and about social science methods more generally—must have deeper roots. Mine go back to the two disciplines in which I was trained: history as an undergraduate and brain and cognitive sciences as a graduate. History and historiography first raised my consciousness regarding the importance (and challenge) of methodology in the social sciences.
In contrast, case studies are a form of inquiry that does not depend solely on ethnographic or participant-observer data. You could even do a valid and high-quality case study without leaving the telephone or Internet, depending upon the topic being studied. , Jadad, 1998). In the eyes of many, the emphasis has led to a downgrading of case study research because case studies (and other types of nonexperimental methods) cannot directly address this issue.