By Daniel Higginbotham
For weeks, months?—nay!—from the very second you have been born, you've felt it calling to you. in the end you'll be united with the programming language you've been eager for: Clojure!
As a Lisp-style sensible programming language, Clojure allows you to write strong and stylish code, and since it runs at the Java digital desktop, you could reap the benefits of the sizeable Java environment. Clojure for the courageous and actual bargains a "dessert-first" method: you'll begin fidgeting with actual courses instantly, as you gradually acclimate to the summary yet strong positive aspects of Lisp and practical programming. inside of you'll locate an offbeat, functional consultant to Clojure, full of quirky pattern courses that seize cheese thieves and song glittery vampires.
Learn how to:
- Wield Clojure's middle functions
- Use Emacs for Clojure development
- Write macros to change Clojure itself
- Use Clojure's instruments to simplify concurrency and parallel programming
- Clojure for the courageous and actual assumes no earlier adventure with Clojure, the Java digital laptop, or useful programming. Are you prepared, courageous reader, to fulfill your actual future? seize your most sensible pair of parentheses—you're approximately to embark on an epic trip into the realm of Clojure!
- Covers Clojure 1.7Requires Java 1.6 or later.
Read Online or Download Clojure for the Brave and True: Learn the Ultimate Language and Become a Better Programmer PDF
Best programming books
One other unlock in our renowned how one can Do every thing sequence, this pleasant, solutions-oriented ebook is stuffed with step by step examples for writing HTML code. each one bankruptcy starts off with the categorical how-to subject matters that might be coated. in the chapters, each one subject is observed via an outstanding, easy-to-follow walkthrough of the method.
Building allotted purposes is tough sufficient with no need to coordinate the activities that lead them to paintings. This functional consultant indicates how Apache ZooKeeper is helping you deal with disbursed platforms, so that you can concentration customarily on program good judgment. inspite of ZooKeeper, enforcing coordination projects isn't trivial, yet this publication offers strong practices to provide you a head begin, and issues out caveats that builders and directors alike have to look ahead to alongside the way.
In 3 separate sections, ZooKeeper participants Flavio Junqueira and Benjamin Reed introduce the rules of dispensed structures, offer ZooKeeper programming thoughts, and comprise the data you must administer this service.
• find out how ZooKeeper solves universal coordination initiatives
• discover the ZooKeeper API’s Java and C implementations and the way they vary
• Use ways to song and react to ZooKeeper country alterations
• deal with disasters of the community, program tactics, and ZooKeeper itself
• know about ZooKeeper’s trickier features facing concurrency, ordering, and configuration
• Use the Curator high-level interface for connection administration
• get to grips with ZooKeeper internals and management instruments
Stream into iOS improvement through getting a company seize of its basics, together with the Xcode IDE, the Cocoa contact framework, and quick 2. 0—the most up-to-date model of Apple's acclaimed programming language. With this completely up-to-date consultant, you'll study Swift’s object-oriented techniques, know how to take advantage of Apple's improvement instruments, and notice how Cocoa presents the underlying performance iOS apps should have.
This publication is great when you are working a server with home windows 2000 and IIS. in the event you run into difficulties or have questions whilst atmosphere issues up or conserving them it's a fast reference for solutions.
- Using Docker: Developing and Deploying Software with Containers
- Pro Unity Game Development with C#
- The Art of C++
- Cracking the Coding Interview: 150 Programming Questions and Solutions (5th Edition)
Additional resources for Clojure for the Brave and True: Learn the Ultimate Language and Become a Better Programmer
1"]]}} 5. Open Emacs. When you open Emacs, you should see a lot of activity as Emacs downloads a bunch of useful packages. Once the activity stops, go ahead and just quit Emacs, and then open it again. After you do so, you should see a window like the one in Figure 2-3. How to Use Emacs, an Excellent Clojure Editor 13 Figure 2-3: How Emacs looks after installing your sweet new configuration Now that we’ve got everything set up, let’s learn how to use Emacs! Emacs Escape Hatch Before we dig in to the fun stuff, you need to know an important Emacs key binding: ctrl-G.
18 Chapter 2 If you open a file and Emacs doesn’t load a major mode for it, chances are that one exists. You’ll just need to download its package. Speaking of which . . Installing Packages Many modes are distributed as packages, which are just bundles of elisp files stored in a package repository. Emacs 24, which you installed at the beginning of this chapter, makes it very easy to browse and install packages. M-x package-list-packages will show you almost every package available; just make sure you run M-x package-refresh-contents first so you get the latest list.
Clj, which you created in Chapter 1. Next, use M-x cider-jack-in. This starts the REPL and creates a new buffer where you can interact with it. After a short wait (it should be less than a minute), you should see something like Figure 2-8. clj file is open on the left, and the REPL is running on the right. If you’ve never seen Emacs split in half like this, don’t worry! I’ll talk about how Emacs splits windows in a second. In the meantime, try evaluating some code in the REPL. Type in the following bolded lines.