By Yoshihisa Yamamoto
This can be the 1st e-book to check in systematic model the coherence, amplification and quantum results in semiconductor lasers. There are 3 significant sections within the textual content. the 1st offers with the appliance of semiconductor lasers for coherent communique and spectroscopy, outlining the elemental spectral and modulation features of semiconductor lasers. Semiconductor laser amplifiers, relatively the Fabry-Perot hollow space amplifier, touring wave amplifiers and the injection-locked oscillator, are lined within the moment part which serves to show the benefits and difficulties of optical amplifier expertise. The 3rd part discusses the quantum results in semiconductor lasers, describing squeezed-state new release and inhibition of spontaneous emission in addition to normal quantum noise homes. This part additionally examines new examine instructions in quantum optics and the potential of a noiseless and thresholdless semiconductor laser.
Read Online or Download Coherence, Amplification, and Quantum Effects in Semiconductor Lasers PDF
Best semiconductors books
The World's number one consultant to published Circuit Boards_Now thoroughly up-to-date with the most recent details on Lead-Free production! the simplest reference within the box for over 30 years, the broadcast Circuits instruction manual equips you with definitive insurance of each part of published circuit assemblies_from layout how you can fabrication approaches.
After approximately a decade of luck due to its thorough assurance, abundance of difficulties and examples, and sensible use of simulation and layout, Power-Switching Converters enters its moment version with new and up-to-date fabric, solely new layout case stories, and increased figures, equations, and homework difficulties.
The bottled waters has develop into an important and energetic area of the beverage international, in built and constructing nations world wide. when you consider that book of the 1st variation in 1998, the has passed through a extraordinary enlargement, and this has served to underline the necessity for an obtainable resource of technical counsel.
- Signal Integrity - Simplified
- Current-Driven Phenomena in Nanoelectronics
- Semiconductor detector systems
- New Approaches to Image Processing Based Failure Analysis of Nano-Scale ULSI Devices
Additional resources for Coherence, Amplification, and Quantum Effects in Semiconductor Lasers
19. F. Kano, Y. Tohmori, Y. Kondo, M. Nakao, M. Fukuda. and K. Oe. Electron. Lett. 25, 709-710 (1989). 20. R. F. Kazarinov and C. H. Henry. IEEE J. Quantum Electron. QE-23. 1401-1409 (1987). 21. K. Kojima and K. Kyuma, JplI. J. Appl. Phys. 27, L1721-L1723 (1988). 22. N. A. Olsson, C. H. Henry, R. F. Kazarinov. H. J. Lee, and B. H. Johnson. Appl. Phys. Letl. 41, 92-93 (1987). 23. D. Bohm. Quantum Theory, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs. N1, 1951. Chapter 13. 24. R. 1. Glauber, Phys. ". 131, 2766-2788 (1963).
82. 83. 84. 85. 86. 87. 88. 89. 90. 91. 92. 93. L. D. Westbrook and M. 1. Adams, IEEE Proc. , 223-225 (1988). T. Ohtoshi and N: Chinone, IEEE Photonics Technol. Lett. I, 117-118 (1989). l. D. Dow and D. Redfield, Phys. Rev. BS, 594-610 (1972). D. Marcuse, Bell Syst. Tech. 48, 3187 (1969). C. H. Henry, R. A. Logan and F. R. Merritt, IEEE 1. Quantum Electron. QE-17, 2196-2204 (1989). C. A. Wang, H. K. Choi, and M. K. Connors, IEEE PhotOn/CS Technol. Lett. I, 351-352 (1989). H. Temkin, T. Tanbun-Ek, R.
Wyatt  demonstrated that laser linewidths of less than 1 kHz can be achieved by a semiconductor laser with a long passive section. This is achieved by AR coating one of the laser facets and using a microscope objective to collimate the beam and send it to a reflector about 10-15 cm away. 20 illustrates this type of laser made by Olsson and van der Ziel  along with a power spectrum obtained combining by the fields of two such lasers in a single-mode optical fiber and displaying the detected beat signal on a spectrum analyzer.