By David Farley, Jez Humble
Winner of the 2011 Jolt Excellence Award
Getting software program published to clients is usually a painful, dicy, and time-consuming process.
This groundbreaking new e-book units out the rules and technical practices that permit quick, incremental supply of top of the range, precious new performance to clients. via automation of the construct, deployment, and trying out approach, and superior collaboration among builders, testers, and operations, supply groups can get adjustments published in an issue of hours—sometimes even minutes–no subject what the scale of a undertaking or the complexity of its code base.
Jez Humble and David Farley commence via offering the principles of a swift, trustworthy, low-risk supply strategy. subsequent, they introduce the “deployment pipeline,” an automatic approach for handling all alterations, from check-in to unlock. ultimately, they speak about the “ecosystem” had to help non-stop supply, from infrastructure, facts and configuration administration to governance.
The authors introduce cutting-edge ideas, together with automatic infrastructure administration and knowledge migration, and using virtualization. for every, they evaluate key concerns, establish most sensible practices, and display how one can mitigate hazards. insurance includes
• Automating all points of establishing, integrating, checking out, and deploying software
• imposing deployment pipelines at group and organizational levels
• bettering collaboration among builders, testers, and operations
• constructing beneficial properties incrementally on huge and disbursed teams
• imposing a good configuration administration strategy
• Automating attractiveness checking out, from research to implementation
• checking out means and different non-functional requirements
• imposing non-stop deployment and zero-downtime releases
• coping with infrastructure, information, parts and dependencies
• Navigating possibility administration, compliance, and auditing
Whether you’re a developer, platforms administrator, tester, or supervisor, this publication can help your company flow from concept to unencumber speedier than ever—so you could bring price on your business
Read Online or Download Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation (Addison-Wesley Signature Series) PDF
Similar software development books
4 top-notch authors current the 1st publication containing a catalog of object-oriented layout styles. Readers will use layout styles within the object-oriented improvement approach, find out how to clear up particular layout difficulties utilizing styles, and achieve a standard vocabulary for object-oriented layout.
Offers forty seven articles that signify the insights and useful knowledge of the leaders of the XP neighborhood. provide experience-based thoughts for imposing XP successfully and offers profitable transitioning options. Softcover.
Two-stage stochastic programming versions are regarded as beautiful instruments for making optimum judgements lower than uncertainty. normally, optimality is formalized through utilizing statistical parameters equivalent to the expectancy or the conditional worth in danger to the distributions of target values. Uwe Gotzes analyzes an method of account for possibility aversion in two-stage types established upon partial orders at the set of actual random variables.
- Creating Mobile Apps with Xamarin.Forms, Preview Edition 2
- Software Ecosystem: Understanding an Indispensable Technology and Industry
- Reflections on Management: How to Manage Your Software Projects, Your Teams, Your Boss, and Yourself (SEI Series in Software Engineering)
- What Computing Is All About
- SQL Server 2008 Transact-SQL Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
- Software Architecture and Design Illuminated (Jones and Bartlett Illuminated)
Additional info for Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation (Addison-Wesley Signature Series)
A month before the book went to print, Dmitry Kirsanov and Alina Kirsanova started the production work, collaborating with the authors through their Subversion repository, email, and a shared Google Docs table for coordination. Dmitry worked on copyediting of the DocBook source in XEmacs, and Alina did everything else: typesetting the pages using a custom XSLT stylesheet and an XSL-FO formatter, compiling and editing the Index from the author’s indexing tags in the source, and ﬁnal proofreading of the book.
About the Authors Jez Humble has been fascinated by computers and electronics since getting his ﬁrst ZX Spectrum at age 11, and spent several years hacking on Acorn machines in 6502 and ARM assembler and BASIC until he was old enough to get a proper job. He got into IT in 2000, just in time for the dot-com bust. Since then he has worked as a developer, system administrator, trainer, consultant, manager, and speaker. He has worked with a variety of platforms and technologies, consulting for nonproﬁts, telecoms, ﬁnancial services, and online retail companies.
The goals of lean manufacturing are to ensure the rapid delivery of high-quality products, focusing on the removal of waste and the reduction of cost. Lean manufacturing has resulted in huge cost and resource savings, much higher-quality products, and faster time-to-market in several industries. This philosophy is starting to become mainstream in the ﬁeld of software development too, and it informs much of what we discuss in this book. Lean is certainly not limited in its application to small systems.