By Joyce Lishman
This considerably revised, extended and up to date version of the preferred "Handbook of thought for perform lecturers" is a entire precis of the speculation, wisdom, learn and proof when it comes to perform studying in social care. Focussing on knowledge-based perform with a spotlight on bettering results, the 5 sections of the e-book disguise: the explanations and situations within which humans might develop into social paintings carrier clients; a holistic attention of evaluate normally and particular contexts, together with danger evaluation and administration; equipment of intervention, together with cognitive behavioural social paintings, activity focused perform, advocacy, predicament intervention, relatives treatment and workforce care; the felony, coverage, examine and facts context during which evaluate and intervention ensue, in addition to interdisciplinary paintings and organisational elements of social paintings perform; and reflective perform, assessment and facts established perform as fundamental components of social employees' engagement with the advanced wishes of people outdoors the prevailing parameters of coverage or study findings. This key textual content is vital studying for college students, practitioners and academics in social paintings.
Read or Download Handbook for Practice Learning in Social Work and Social Care: Knowledge and Theory PDF
Best social work books
"Good perform within the legislation and Safeguarding Adults" presents an updated precis of advancements within the legislative framework and top perform appropriate to the realm of grownup defense paintings. It explains laws that may be utilized in grownup safety paintings, protecting legal and civil legislation, and the most important nationwide counsel similar to reaching most sensible proof.
Freizeit im 21. Jahrhundert hat eine andere Qualität als in den Nachkriegszeiten der fünfziger und sechziger Jahre oder den Wohlstandszeiten der siebziger bis neunziger Jahre: Hohe Arbeitslosigkeit auf der einen, steigende Lebenserwartung auf der anderen Seite lassen erwerbsfreie Lebensphasen in einem ganz anderen Licht erscheinen.
Designed to reflect how social paintings concept and perform is taught, Paradigms of medical Social paintings, quantity three provides new healing types via an imaginary kin experiencing universal social paintings difficulties.
- Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare: Critical Thinking Perspectives, 3rd Edition
- From Post-Industrial to Post-Modern Society: New Theories of the Contemporary World
- Confirmatory Factor Analysis (Pocket Guides to Social Work Research Methods)
- Strategies for deconstructing racism in the health and human services
- Human Behavior, Communities, Organizations, and Groups in the Macro Social Environment: An Empowerment Approach , Second Edition
- Value, Social Form and the State
Additional info for Handbook for Practice Learning in Social Work and Social Care: Knowledge and Theory
The morning sessions combine lectures drawing on sociology and social policy knowledge delivered by social work academics and service users with seminars in which students discuss selected texts. The programme is launched with a morning session on identity and personal experience. In this session students are invited to explore and share their experiences of identity formation. It is a session which builds a body of student-generated knowledge about diversity and difference, oppression and esteem in contemporary society.
A welfare ideology, on the other hand, would focus on the needs of the families concerned, and the ways in which they could be helped (possibly through therapeutic and resource-based interventions). Statements 2 to 10 exemplify this attitude. Number 14, however, calls attention to possibilities of addressing child abuse through community participation and empowerment, in accordance with a developmental ideology. Proponents of this viewpoint would be concerned with poverty and disadvantage, and would consider the possibilities of changing systems rather than people.
6. This child’s ‘failure to thrive’ has partly arisen because his aversive temperamental attitudes have shaped his interaction with Mr and Mrs X who found him difficult to parent (Iwaniec, Herbert and McNeish 1985a, 1985b). 7. The relationship between the parents is problematical. Mr and Mrs X wish to avoid conflict because they fear their marriage will break down. Mrs X opts out of the family and Mr X becomes over-involved with his daughter. 1988). 8. Boundary roles within this family have weakened external and internal inhibitory mechanisms which might have protected the child against abuse (Finkelhor 1984).