By Keith Underdahl
Gets rid of long introductions, distinct causes, and sidebars, concentrating on what new Mac OS X clients wish most-clear directions on tips on how to accomplish particular tasksAn easy-to-navigate panorama format that includes a two-column layout and illustrated step by step directions make it effortless to discover a selected job quick and get it performed in a flashTasks lined contain adjusting method personal tastes, developing and dealing with consumer money owed, dealing with documents and folders, utilizing the Dashboard, networking wirelessly with AirPort, utilizing iTunes and iPods, connecting to a home windows community, observing movies and DVDs, viewing and organizing photographs with iPhoto, making video clips with iMovie, running a blog and net designing with iWeb, and utilizing a .Mac accountPublished to coincide with Apple's unencumber of Leopard
Read or Download Mac OS X Leopard Just the Steps for Dummies PDF
Best operating systems books
What the ebook covers: specializes in home windows XP performance, this Bible covers the fundamentals (e. g. , navigating your laptop) in addition to the right way to use the preferred web beneficial properties, customise the paintings surroundings, preserve and tweak the procedure, and use common ideas for operating with textual content, numbers, and pictures.
Bei Mac OS X handelt es sich um das jüngste Betriebssystem von Apple laptop. Es unterscheidet sich vom Vorgänger Mac OS nine nicht nur durch eine Vielzahl von neuen Funktionen und durch die neue Benutzeroberfläche Aqua, sondern vor allen Dingen durch die Nutzung von Mach und BSD als foundation für seine Implementierung.
- Installation of WordPress on Linux
- Mac OS X Leopard all-in-one desk reference for dummies
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard Digital Classroom
- Windows PowerShell Pocket Reference (2nd Edition)
Extra resources for Mac OS X Leopard Just the Steps for Dummies
3. If you have a laptop, choose Battery in the Settings menu, and then select a power saving profile in the Optimization menu. 4. Click Sleep to display Sleep options, as shown in Figure 4-1. 5. Adjust the sliders to change when the computer and monitor will go to sleep. The monitor uses a lot of power, so it’s a good idea to let the display sleep after a minute or two of inactivity. Figure 4-1: During inactivity, the computer can go to sleep to save power. 6. Click Options to review power saving options, such as whether you want a Battery icon to appear on the menu bar or whether you want the display to dim automatically before going to sleep.
Enter your administrator password when you’re prompted to do so, as shown in Figure 4-4, and then click OK. 7. Read and accept any license agreements that appear. If you’re downloading multiple updates, you may have to accept multiple agreements. After you accept all the agreements, a status window shows you the download status of your updates. When you review the list of updates, look for ones that say they must be installed separately. These should be downloaded individually, which means you may have to run Software Update a couple of times.
Restore Files with Time Machine Restore Files with Time Machine 1. Click the Time Machine icon on the Dock. 2. In the Time Machine window that appears, as shown in Figure 3-19, click the arrows in the lower-right corner of the screen to move to earlier backups. You can also click a screen in the main window to jump directly to it. Each screen in the background represents a different backup time. You can also move through backups by clicking the graduated scale along the right side of the Time Machine screen.