By Michael Fogus, Chris Houser
The enjoyment of Clojure, moment version is a deep account of the Clojure language. totally up to date for Clojure 1.6, this re-creation is going past the syntax to teach you the way to jot down fluent Clojure code. You'll research practical and declarative techniques to programming and may grasp ideas that make Clojure dependent and effective. The e-book indicates you the way to unravel not easy difficulties relating to concurrency, interoperability, and function, and the way nice it may be to imagine within the Clojure way.
Appropriate for readers with a few adventure utilizing Clojure or universal Lisp.
Read Online or Download The Joy of Clojure (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar programming books
One other unencumber in our renowned the way to Do every thing sequence, this pleasant, solutions-oriented booklet is full of step by step examples for writing HTML code. each one bankruptcy starts with the explicit how-to subject matters that would be lined. in the chapters, each one subject is observed by way of a high-quality, easy-to-follow walkthrough of the method.
Building dispensed functions is tough sufficient with no need to coordinate the activities that cause them to paintings. This sensible advisor exhibits how Apache ZooKeeper is helping you deal with disbursed platforms, so that you can concentration almost always on software good judgment. in spite of ZooKeeper, enforcing coordination projects isn't trivial, yet this ebook presents sturdy practices to offer you a head commence, and issues out caveats that builders and directors alike have to look forward to alongside the way.
In 3 separate sections, ZooKeeper participants Flavio Junqueira and Benjamin Reed introduce the rules of disbursed structures, supply ZooKeeper programming thoughts, and contain the data you must administer this service.
• find out how ZooKeeper solves universal coordination initiatives
• discover the ZooKeeper API’s Java and C implementations and the way they range
• Use tips on how to tune and react to ZooKeeper country alterations
• deal with disasters of the community, software strategies, and ZooKeeper itself
• know about ZooKeeper’s trickier features facing concurrency, ordering, and configuration
• Use the Curator high-level interface for connection administration
• get to grips with ZooKeeper internals and management instruments
Circulate into iOS improvement by way of getting an organization snatch of its basics, together with the Xcode IDE, the Cocoa contact framework, and quick 2. 0—the most modern model of Apple's acclaimed programming language. With this completely up to date consultant, you'll examine Swift’s object-oriented ideas, know the way to exploit Apple's improvement instruments, and become aware of how Cocoa presents the underlying performance iOS apps must have.
This publication is great while you're working a server with home windows 2000 and IIS. if you happen to run into difficulties or have questions whilst atmosphere issues up or holding them it's a fast reference for solutions.
- Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For iOS and OS X (2nd Edition)
- Excel VBA Programming for Dummies
- Beginning iOS Media App Development
- Android Fragments
Extra resources for The Joy of Clojure (2nd Edition)
Top-Down Design and Modular Development Object-oriented programming, by its very nature, encourages the development of reusable code. Objects created for one project can be reused as needed for other projects. Figure 2-3 shows a portion of the methods tab for the iceSkater from the lakeSkater world seen in Chapter 1. Methods to perform simple tasks, such as s p i n , b l i n k E y e s , and jump, are reused as necessary to form the overall routine in this Alice world. The entire skater object can be reused in other worlds where different routines might be assembled from these simple methods.
The Pointer tool is already selected, so experiment a bit by using the pointer to click the bunny and move it around the screen. Notice that you can move the bunny on the ground with the pointer, but you cannot use the pointer to turn the bunny, rotate it, or move it up and down. 2 . Click the Rotate tool and try turning the bunny a few times. You may be tempted to use the other tools, but please wait—for now they'll only confuse things. You can come back and experiment with them after you've finished this chapter.
1. Click File on the menu bar, and then click Exit. The Alice program will close. 2. Reopen the Alice software. Click the Recent Worlds tab in the Welcome to Alice! dialog box, and then open the hello world world that you created. If the name of a world you want to open does not appear on the Recent Worlds tab, you can click the Open a world tab and look for your world in the tree of folders. TUTORIAL 1D—PRINTING CODE FROM AN ALICE WORLD The code from methods and events in an Alice world can be saved on an HTML Web page, which you may then print, send as an e-mail attachment, or view like any other Web page.