By Frans Van Roy
This quantity of Progress in Molecular Biology and Translational Science specializes in the newest study surrounding Cadherins from most sensible specialists within the field.
- Contributions from best authorities
- Informs and updates on the entire most modern advancements within the field
Read or Download The Molecular Biology of Cadherins PDF
Best biology books
A newly revised version of the normal reference for the sphere this day? up to date with new phrases, significant discoveries, major scientists, and illustrationsDevelopmental biology is the learn of the mechanisms of improvement, differentiation, and development in animals and crops on the molecular, mobile, and genetic degrees.
Environmental version performs an incredible position in lots of organic and ecological dynamical platforms. This monograph makes a speciality of the learn of oscillation and the soundness of hold up versions taking place in biology. The booklet offers fresh examine effects at the qualitative habit of mathematical types lower than various actual and environmental stipulations, overlaying dynamics together with the distribution and intake of foodstuff.
- Why We Nap: Evolution, Chronobiology, and Functions of Polyphasic and Ultrashort Sleep
- Systems Biology of Parkinson's Disease
- Progress in Nucleic Acid Research and Molecular Biology, Vol. 75
- Pseudomonas Syringae and Related Pathogens: Biology and Genetic
Extra resources for The Molecular Biology of Cadherins
18. Hong S, Troyanovsky RB, Troyanovsky SM. Spontaneous assembly and active disassembly balance adherens junction homeostasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2010;107: 3528–33. 19. Ozaki C, Obata S, Yamanaka H, Tominaga S, Suzuki ST. The extracellular domains of E- and N-cadherin determine the scattered punctate localization in epithelial cells and the cytoplasmic domains modulate the localization. J Biochem 2010;147:415–25. 20. Kofron M, Spagnuolo A, Klymkowsky M, Wylie C, Heasman J. The roles of maternal alpha-catenin and plakoglobin in the early Xenopus embryo.
A classic example is the closure of the neural tube in mouse and Xenopus embryos. 3 Different effects of isotropic and anisotropic tension and actomyosin network anchorage on epithelial tissue morphogenesis. (A–C) In Drosophila mesodermal cells, apical constriction is mediated by an isotropic tension that constricts the apical cell surface and all cell–cell contacts equally (A). 72–74 In other systems, such as the mesoderms of C. elegans75 and Drosophila,76 apical constriction is associated with enrichment and activation of myosin II in the medial apical region of the cell rather than at junctions.
27. Maul RS, Song Y, Amann KJ, Gerbin SC, Pollard TD, Chang DD. EPLIN regulates actin dynamics by cross-linking and stabilizing filaments. J Cell Biol 2003;160: 399–407. 28. Critchley DR. Cytoskeletal proteins talin and vinculin in integrin-mediated adhesion. Biochem Soc Trans 2004;32:831–6. 29. Grashoff C, Hoffman BD, Brenner MD, Zhou R, Parsons M, Yang MT, et al. Measuring mechanical tension across vinculin reveals regulation of focal adhesion dynamics. Nature 2010;466:263–6. 30. le Duc Q, Shi Q, Blonk I, Sonnenberg A, Wang N, Leckband D, et al.