By Adrian Ward
This e-book reports learn proof, drawing on a learn of residential providers in Wales and a literature evaluation folks and united kingdom findings, and identifies the numerous components that might result in a profitable technique for residential baby care around the united kingdom.
Read Online or Download What Works in Residential Child Care: A Review of Research Evidence and the Practical Considerations PDF
Similar social work books
"Good perform within the legislations and Safeguarding Adults" offers an up to date precis of advancements within the legislative framework and top perform correct to the world of grownup security paintings. It explains laws that may be utilized in grownup security paintings, overlaying felony and civil legislation, and the most important nationwide suggestions comparable to attaining top facts.
Freizeit im 21. Jahrhundert hat eine andere Qualität als in den Nachkriegszeiten der fünfziger und sechziger Jahre oder den Wohlstandszeiten der siebziger bis neunziger Jahre: Hohe Arbeitslosigkeit auf der einen, steigende Lebenserwartung auf der anderen Seite lassen erwerbsfreie Lebensphasen in einem ganz anderen Licht erscheinen.
Designed to reflect how social paintings conception and perform is taught, Paradigms of medical Social paintings, quantity three offers new healing versions via an imaginary kin experiencing universal social paintings difficulties.
- Globalization and International Social Work
- Research Skills for Social Work (Transforming Social Work Practice)
- Crisis Intervention in Social Services
- Safeguards Systems Analysis: With Applications to Nuclear Material Safeguards and Other Inspection Problems
- Children who Fail to Thrive: A Practice Guide
Extra resources for What Works in Residential Child Care: A Review of Research Evidence and the Practical Considerations
4. Facilities for children with a mixture of social, psychological and behavioural needs and those who are generally educated in ordinary schools; the placement tends to be short and part of a range of provision focused on several family members, not just the child. 5. Facilities for children with serious psychological needs and behavioural problems that overshadow other developmental goals, including education; some of these placements are secure. The classification can be understood as a continuum, with placements that are primarily focused on the child’s education at one end, and those primarily focused on the child’s behaviour at the other.
Facilities that are primarily focused on providing high-quality education and less preoccupied with students’ health and behavioural needs. 2. Facilities that provide an enriched educational experience but also address children’s psychological and behavioural needs to meet these ends. 3. Facilities focused on meeting an identified cognitive or educational deficit in children’s development. Since such deficits frequently have their origins in family dysfunction and/or are manifest in poor behaviour of the child, the placement demands considerable specialist resources.
One of the more productive and constructive of these was the Support Force for Residential Care, which issued a string of useful publications including Good Care Matters (1995). Despite (or perhaps because of) their relative lack of clearly articulated theory, such publications have often been welcomed by local authority training departments as the basis for short courses and training days for residential staff on specific themes. However, the risk in following this approach too closely is that staff (often unqualified) will be told what to do without understanding why they are doing it.