Today I will review the Rapoo T6 Curved Touch Mouse. First I will present the specifications and then will move on to the results from actually testing the device.
- Movement detection: Optical.
- Movement resolution: 1000 dpi.
- Pointing Device Connectivity Technology: Wireless.
- Intelligent Multi-Touch technology brings a creative driving gesture for mouse. Multi-Touch functions: Left click, Right click, Vertical scroll, Horizontal scroll
- With Rapoo’s latest energy saving technology and power switch , you can use your mouse without power interruption for up to 3-month.
- Reliable 2.4GHz wireless connection with up to 10M working range.
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.4
- Size: 59mm * 114mm
- Package Contents: T6 Wireless Mouse Black, USB Nano Receiver, Quick start guide, 1x AA alkaline battery (pre-installed).
- Looks(5/5): The device itself resembles the Apple magic mouse. Most likely a cloning attempt. There are some difference although but overall it looks great.
- Usability(1/5): For the start if you always keep two fingers on the mouse like most people do you will only be able to use the left button. In order to use the other one you have to lift one of your fingers. Obviously this won’t do, neither keeping one of your fingers on the edge because the mouse is fairly wide and will strain your fingers fast. And forget about playing some games like shooters, because you won’t be able to click left and right mouse buttons because of this issue. Then there is the scrolling which is a real pain. Forget small scroll increments provided by a scroll wheel, here you will most likely scroll half the page at a time. And did I mention the lag? Or the fact that the surface is fairly mate and it feels like you are trying to scroll your finger on concrete? And the gestures the same, very hard to actually activate, and if you manage to do it it won’t work as it should.
- Pros? Well moving the mouse around both on the screen and on the table is very easy and responsive. Too bad that everything else doesn’t work.
Overall I won’t recommend to get this one unless you have an extra 40$ to spare and you really want to have a touch mouse that you don’t intend to use.
If you want you can check those links for some quality products.